The types of personal information we may collect about you include:
- your name (so we know what to call you);
- images of you (so we know what you look like);
- your contact details, including email address, mailing address, street address and/or telephone number (so we know where to find you);
- your age and/or date of birth;
- your credit card, bank details or payment details (through our third party payment processor);
- your marital status;
- your next of kin and their contact details;
- health professionals involved in your ongoing care and their contact details;
- any relevant arrangements you have in place, such as Power of Attorney and Enduring Guardianship;
- your sensitive information as set out below;
- details of products and services we have provided to you and/or that you have enquired about, and our response to you;
- any other personal information requested by us and/or provided by you or a third party.
We may collect these types of personal information directly from you or from third parties, including family members or your doctors.
Collection and use of personal information
We may collect, hold, use and disclose personal information for the following purposes:
- to provide our non-medical home care services to you;
- to create a personalised care and support plan for you;
- to contact and communicate with you;
- for internal record keeping, administrative purposes, invoicing and billing purposes;
- for advertising and marketing purposes, including to send you promotional information about our products and services that we consider may be of interest to you; and
- to comply with our legal obligations and resolve any disputes that we may have.
Disclosure of personal information to third parties
We may disclose personal information to:
- our support care workers;
- your family members (with your consent where necessary);
- third party service providers for the purpose of enabling them to provide their services, including (without limitation) IT service providers, data storage, web-hosting and server providers, debt collectors, maintenance or problem-solving providers, marketing or advertising providers, professional advisors and payment systems operators;
- our employees, contractors and/or related entities;
- anyone to whom our business or assets (or any part of them) are, or may (in good faith) be, transferred;
- credit reporting agencies, courts, tribunals and regulatory authorities, in the event you fail to pay for goods or services we have provided to you; and
- courts, tribunals, regulatory authorities and law enforcement officers, as required by law, in connection with any actual or prospective legal proceedings, or in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights.
By providing us with personal information, you acknowledge that some third parties may not be regulated by the Privacy Act and the Australian Privacy Principles in the Privacy Act and if any third party engages in any act or practice that contravenes the Australian Privacy Principles, it would not be accountable under the Privacy Act and you will not be able to seek redress under the Privacy Act.
How we treat personal information that is also sensitive information
Sensitive information is a sub-set of personal information that is given a higher level of protection under the Australian Privacy Principles. Sensitive information means information relating to your racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religion, trade union or other professional associations or memberships, philosophical beliefs, sexual orientation or practices, criminal records, health information or biometric information.
The type of sensitive information we may collect about you includes:
- your current and previous medical history;
- Medicare, Pension or DVA card numbers;
- advanced care directives; and
- any relevant family medical history.
We will not collect sensitive information about you without first obtaining your consent.
Provided you consent, your sensitive information may only be used and disclosed for purposes relating to the primary purpose for which the sensitive information was collected, including:
- to prepare a personalised care and support plan to best care for your needs;
- allowing our support workers to properly service your needs;
- to inform medical or health service providers in circumstances where we may need to seek medical attention for you; and
- referring you to medical or health service providers in circumstances where it is impractical for us to obtain your consent.
Sensitive information may also be used or disclosed if required or authorised by law.
Your rights and controlling your personal information
Restrict: If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by contacting us using the details below.
Access: You may request details of the personal information that we hold about you. An administrative fee may be payable for the provision of such information.
Correction: If you believe that any information we hold about you is inaccurate, out of date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading, please contact us using the details below. We will take reasonable steps to correct any information found to be inaccurate, incomplete, misleading or out of date.
Complaints: If you wish to make a complaint about how we have handled your personal information, please contact us using the details below and provide us with full details of the complaint. We will promptly investigate your complaint and respond to you, in writing, setting out the outcome of our investigation and the steps we will take to deal with your complaint.
Unsubscribe: To unsubscribe from our e-mail database or opt-out of communications (including marketing communications), please contact us using the details below or opt-out using the opt-out facilities provided in the communication.
Storage and security
We are committed to ensuring that the personal information we collect is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place reasonable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to reasonably safeguard and secure the personal information and protect it from misuse, interference, loss and unauthorised access, modification and disclosure. Additionally, we ensure that all third party service providers that help us to deliver our services store your personal information in Australia.
We may use Google Analytics to collect and process data. To find out how Google uses data when you use third party websites or applications, please see www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/ or any other URL Google may use from time to time.
Cookies and web beacons
We may use web beacons on our Site from time to time. Web beacons (also known as Clear GIFs) are small pieces of code placed on a web page to monitor the visitor’s behaviour and collect data about the visitor’s viewing of a web page. For example, web beacons can be used to count the users who visit a web page or to deliver a cookie to the browser of a visitor viewing that page.
Links to other websites
For any questions or notices, please contact us at:
KB & RC Investments Pty Ltd (ACN 628 868 762) T/A Trusted Home Care
Last update: 15 November 2018
© LegalVision ILP Pty Ltd